SUNNY WEDNESDAYS (BUGO)

                                

She sniffed as she picked up the smell of rotten eggshells oozing from the dustbin situated close to the gas pump at the filling station.


She hated this job, she muttered as she picked up the overflowing dustbin grudgingly and stepped through the back door of the restroom to dispose it contents into the big wastebin.


The smell of cheap cigarette mixed with the rotten eggshells as she stepped out the back door of the station.


She knew immediately that Musa was at it again,


 "Musa, well done oh, by 12pm you dey smoke, so until the dirty flood station before you go know say na you suppose clear am, abi?"


The fair skinned scraggy looking guy in his oversized station uniform popped a sweet smile and hurriedly stepped on the cigarette he currently was puffing. 


"Sorry na, no shout na, I promise I go make it up to you, please na"


She raised her out of shape razor shaped eyebrows and shifted away from his playful embrace "na you know,"


Washing her hands in the not so clean sink in the bathroom, she noticed a familiar face waiting at her pump.


She really did not know why she hated Atinuke, all she knew was that she didn't like attending to her, maybe because she reflected all that she dreamed of but could never be.


She took an extra minute expecting Atinuke to move towards another fuel attendant but she didn't. 


Finally accepting her lot, she came out and walked to her pump.


"Bugo, Bugo, how are you today," Atinuke said as she flashed a big smile.


She was taken aback by the pleasantries and chose to keep quiet.


"How much fuel you wan buy"


"At least answer me na"


"I no get all the time, I Don hear, I dey fine," She said with a grumble.


"I wan invite you for women hangout wey they happen for my church by weekend,"


Bugo stared in disbelief "Mama, abeg tell me how much fuel you wan buy,"


"Half tank, I go love to see you at the program this weekend,"


"I dey work, no time,"


"I fit come pick you, na for evening and I know say na morning shift you dey do on Saturday,"


Sensing the resilience in Atinuke's voice, Bugo hurriedly agreed "Okay, I Don hear,"


"I go come around 5pm,"


Getting impatient she barked at Atinuke, "I Don hear na," She lightly slammed Atinuke's fuel cover.


Not being fazed one bit, Atinuke smiled "can't wait to see you, take care oh"


As Atinuke drove off, Bugo was stunned, what had gotten into this woman, she was surprised at her doggedness and a smile crept up into her almond shaped chin and she laughed heartily to the surprise of many stunned colleagues of her.


Bugo had never laughed so much. 






Comments

Popular posts from this blog

THE LIMITLESS YOU FORMATION!

DESIRES

IF