YUMMY!!




Where are the Foodies at!!!

My hands raised.

This post is me directly shooting myself.

I love(with extra eeeee) food and if I had my way, I would eat it all.

But that's unhealthy in every way.

I'm thanking God that I don't have the resources, for now, to make my food fantasy a reality.

When it comes to food, we tend more to see the "weight effect" and we, rarely, pay attention to the "health part".

Health is both nourishment for your body and your soul.

As we focus on our race and fellowship with God; Matthew 5:6; "Blessed are they which do hunger and thirst after righteousness: for they shall be filled".

 We also need to take care of our bodies.

What we eat and the type of food we consume matters a lot. 

We need to know what our bodies need and what it doesn't.

Charlotte Hilton Andersen wrote an amazing article on body types and food that's suitable for each: 

Do check it out.

There are different body and skin types.

 That clearly goes to show that what's good for Mr A might be harmful for Mr B and then there are the general fruits that everybody can take.

When we are in a good place health wise, it helps us even do more in our service to God.

Everything works hand in hand.

 I, for one, have cut back on some foods because I know that those foods won't help me achieve what I aim for health wise. 

Still be a foodie but be a healthy foodie.



NEXT!

We, most times, have the perfect excuse for this one

 "what am I exercising for"(my line).

"I can't afford gym na".

 "I'm slim enough," and the list goes on. 

As Big Cola once said "being slim doesn't make you fit".

As Children of the living God, we all need to be in shape for the race of our lives.

 Exercising is such an amazing experience and you don't have to go to the gym at all (for those who can't afford it and for those who would rather not be bouncing up and down in front of others).

While growing up, I saw my brother always exercising and he would use the chairs in the parlour or the door, that separates the two living rooms.

 It has a very high strong upper part, so he put his hands there and lifts his body, and it works superb for him, to also exercise. 

This made me realise that I don't have to go to the gym to exercise.

 I was using my bedroom door handle for my squats.

You don't even need a door handle for squats.

 The door handle helped me know how low I'm meant to be.

It works great for people that aren't used to doing squats yet and you could do press ups anywhere.

This simple way of exercising(with no cost) is amazing, and you still get to do it at home.

 It works really well and helps adjust time for those who work. 

Find things that help you exercise well at home and even in the early hours of the morning before work stuff.

Being fit helps us stay gingered to carry out God's work, so don't wait till you can go to the gym, exercise at home.

3 John 1:2; Beloved, I pray that all may go well with you and that you may be in good health, as it goes well with your soul.

 God wants us to be in good health, and healthy living is paramount. 

Hebrews 12:11-1; For the moment all discipline seems painful rather than pleasant, but later it yields the peaceful fruit of righteousness to those who have been trained by it. Therefore lift your drooping hands and strengthen your weak knees.

Exercising might not be fun when you begin, trust me, it isn't.

 Nevertheless just as the bible says "discipline is painful" but it's worth it.

Having good health and being fit takes sacrifices, letting go of junks, cutting down on so many things, eating veggies e.t.c. 

But on the long run, "it yields results".

Let's also be in good health and be fit even as we strive for our lives to be more focused on God.

 We can also pray, sing, speak positivity into our lives while doing our morning runs, squats, press ups, lunges etc.

Remember: Health is nourishment to both the soul and the body.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE LIMITLESS YOU FORMATION!

DESIRES

IF