MOTIVES


     
A person might be so 'amazing' and 'good' but the motive might be nasty, sooooo how do we judge a person right? 

Urmmmm that's not your job honey, it's your business to be right with God (your Papa), He knows it all and can save you from people with wrong motives.

 Buttttt you, my sweetheart, are not exempted from it also.

We need to be careful with our thoughts and motives, haven't you realised how it feels like you are in constant battle with your flesh?


 Like you wanna just think good thoughts but your mind just keeps diverting and going to the wrong places or after doing that job and you are being congratulated by tons of people and your head begins to swell and you start feeling like 'Bruce Almighty'.


When we are called to do assignments or give a speech or write that article for that amazing blog.

What's your motive behind saying YES.

Is it?
A) Finally, I get to be known. 

B) Finally, i can make more money to show those people that I can buy that car.

C) Finally, God can be seen through me etc).

We all have a lot of motives behind what we do and it's cool to want to be known and buy that car or go for that wedding in 'style' to show some specific people 'pepper' (the last one is wrong oh).

Our motives should be founded in God.

We've all been blessed by God in diverse gifts, both spiritual and physical gifts and when we get the opportunity to implement these gifts(giving, writing, teaching, interpretation of tongues, etc).

It's our utmost responsibility that our motives for doing what we do shouldn't be for self gratification but to show forth his power and splendid exhibition in our lives.

 Matt 5:16-Let your light so sh­ine before men, that they may see your good works, and glo­rify your Fa­ther which is in heav­en.

So when our motives aren't being checked, there's no way your 'good works' glorifies God.

 God is the reason that you can be of help to someone, that you can easily forgive, ace that degree, get that opportunity, that you can sponsor a child's education.

 You don't make the difference.

IT'S GOD IN YOU THAT MAKES THE DIFFERENCE.

Philp 2:13-For it is God which wor­keth in you both to will and to do of his good pleasure. 

I won't pretend sometimes that our motives can't sway, mine does.

 But what I do is that I constantly remind myself that 'God, you're the reason that this is possible'.

 I keep repeating it and while I sing, write, speak in front of people etc, that inner confession being made sets my motives right.

Ut makes me know who I'm living for and why this gift is even possible and being able to be actualised. 

So when you get applauded.

Do you thank God for the opportunity to be used by him or you smile and say 'guyyy I get talent ooo, omo you gats to see how I dey rehearse day and night', we all have ways of gratifying our flesh. 

So, next time before writing, helping a person, doing what you do, whatever it is that you do, just answer a quick question in your heart "what's my reason for doing this".

Is it to let people see and experience the love of God through me and to reach to hearts and souls through shining my light? or to gratify my flesh?

Let our motives be founded in Christ.
                 

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

THE LIMITLESS YOU FORMATION!

DESIRES

IF